[Audacity-devel] Theme miscellany in other pop-up windows (and drawing of plots)
Paul Licameli
2017-06-21 21:38:04 UTC
I don't know how far theme changes were intended.

Pop up dialogs of all sorts seem to have unchanged backgrounds, and that
includes Karaoke and HIstory.

What about windows that draw graphs? I noticed no changes in Equalization
(I checked Draw and Graphic views), Classic Filters, or Plot Spectrum,
which draw their own sliders with thumbs that are always simple circles on
my Mac. (And sliders in all other Effect dialogs appear like these.) That
is because we use wxSlider there and not our own ASlider class.

I found one change! The color of the curve plotted in Compressor is
affected by the theme choice.

Others? There is Auto Duck. No changes.

I don't know if that is the exhaustive list of graphs drawn by the program.

I have thought that the drawing of graphs, now done my much duplicated
code, ought to be unified into reusable classes, and these might be
affected by themes. I have had that thought because I think an improved
Noise Reduction could use it to show you the noise spectrum and let you
vary the gain applied to noise in different frequency bands.

Those, of course, are not things to attempt for 2.2.0.

PRL
Vaughan Johnson
2017-06-24 19:26:19 UTC
+1.

That's why the 2in1 project is also much bigger than people might imagine,
and should take more of war chest if it's to be done.

So as RM, though, you're saying 2.2.0 should have inconsistent cosmetic
changes. :-( Your call, of course.

- Vaughan